I’ve been remiss in not noting that CNN has made the editorial decision to drop its science unit including chief climate alarmist, Miles O’Brien.
Apparently, this isn’t a cost-cutting move (h/t Chris Horner). . . .
Of course, the cynic in me wonders if this move has anything to do with the decreased interest in global warming by the public as a result of the economic downturn. . . .
After all, O’Brien represented one of that networks staunchest alarmists, and has been the subject of many NewsBusters articles. Some of my favorites include O’Brien:
- Claiming that scientists who dispute anthropogenic global warming “are bought and paid for by the fossil fuel industry”
- Sleeping during a senate hearing about how the media cover global warming
- Having some combative interviews with Sen. James Inhofe (R-Ok.) here and here
- Telling then Congressman J.C. Watts, “The scientific debate is over”
- Calling climate realists “dead-enders,” a “tiny fraction of a minority,” and a “very small fringe”
- Suggesting climate realists attending a global warming conference are flat earthers.
Needless to say, O’Brien has been the source of a lot of guffaws and chuckles for climate realists the world over.
As such, we wish him well, and hope that wherever he lands, he keeps in touch so that we can continue to be entertained by his lapses in reason.